Thursday, September 10, 2009

And now for the other intern!

As stated previously, Wendy is one of the new interns here at the Opera House and I, Jonelle Pariseau, am the other. :D I graduated from MSU this past May with a Bachelor of Arts in communications and public relations. I also have an extensive dance background that has recently come to include being the Owner/Artistic Director of Studio 8 Dance Arts Center of Southeast Michigan LLC. The studio is a new venture that allows me to continue my passion for the dance arts, which is the main reason I was so excited to receive the position here at the Opera House.

I think it might go without saying, but I really enjoy going to the theatre. My favorite show that I've seen recently is Avenue Q. It is a great show for the twenty-year-old-crowd - VERY funny! I also LOVED RENT. I guess it rubbed off on how much I liked it since Rebekah, our supervisor, gifted me a RENT poster this morning :). (It's gonna look great in my room!)

The Detroit Opera House / Michigan Opera Theatre have a great Dance & Opera season ahead. With shows like Phantom, Nabucco, and The Nutcraker, everyone will be able to find som reason to come down to the Opera House!


Stay posted as Phantom has just opened (September 8-27)and there will be tons of 'insider happenings' you'll want to know about!

No comments: