Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Who is this girl anyway?!

Hello all!
So- I mentioned in the first post that I'm Colleen the Intern. But there's so much more to me than just that name. You may be asking, "Who the heck are you!?" And that's very understandable. My bio goes a little something like this...

I'm a double major at the amazing Wayne State University pursuing a B.S. in Dance and a B.A. in Public Relations. I am currently interning at the beautiful Detroit Opera House where I work under a very nice person named Rebekah. She tells me what to do...but in a very nice way :) I am a mentor in Big Brothers/Big Sisters (shout out!) and a member of the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) along with the National Society of Collegiate Scholars. I am also part of a wonderful sorority on campus where we get involved in community service and philanthropy. I recently did an Undergraduate Research Grant through Wayne State (they gave me money...because I'm poor/job-less) and I worked on a study called "Community Outreach in the Performing Arts: A Case Study of the Dance Africa Detroit Touring Program."

Some of the things I like include: trees, Harry Potter, mentoring, crafting, painting, and driving.

One of my favorite shows on the television is History Channel's Modern Marvels...I swear that show is so great.

I lived in Japan for five years when I was a kid.

I remember the first time I saw a spork and the first time I blew a bubble with chewing gum.

Some of my favorite books include those by J.K. Rowling, Dan Brown (I really like Digital Fortress), Stephen King, and the occasional Non-Fiction.

My favorite colors are purple and green.

I spend my weekends with my little sister in Big Brothers/Big Sisters

And last...I'm a new blogger. :)


I'm the blond girl- The girl next to me is my awesome friend and sister, Debb.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY THAT"S ME!!

Anonymous said...

Girl on the right is super sexy!