Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Detroit Opera's Recent Addition



Hi! My name is Eleanor and this week I started a summer internship with the Detroit Opera House. It’s been a busy first few days, but I’m really excited to be here! Let me tell you a little bit about myself:

I’m a rising junior at Kalamazoo College (I transferred there last year from Case Western Reserve University) and I’m studying music. I’ve been playing harp for about 9 years now and after my undergrad studies, I’m planning on studying music history or musicology with hopes of doing research or teaching.

I had my first opera experience this year when one of my classes visited the opera house to see Tosca. I couldn’t have asked for a better introduction to opera. We ate lunch at the opera house, went on an extensive tour of the building, saw the opera, and then had a meet-and-greet with the some of the artists. I learned so much about both opera and musicianship!

Again, I’m thrilled to be here and can’t wait to see how the summer unfolds! You’ll be hearing from me through the opera house’s Twitter, Facebook and blog. Stay tuned!

No comments: