Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A New Perspective at MOT


Hi, all! My name is Lauren Schultes, and I’m the new Public Relations and Marketing Intern here at the Detroit Opera House. Originally from Grosse Pointe Park, I graduated from Grosse Pointe South with four honor society cords in French, music, theatre, and academics. Around the Detroit area, I was last recognized for my work and dedication as Michigan’s Junior Miss 2007.
I now attend the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and am approaching my junior year. I am a UNC Kenan Music Scholar, on full scholarship for Vocal Performance. I was also just accepted into the UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School, bringing me closer to a double major in Music Performance and Business Administration. People are often surprised at the combination of opera and business, but my internship here is just one example of how the two work together!
On campus, I am an active member of Habitat for Humanity, the VP of Marketing for the Carolina Economics Club and Carolina Women in Business, and a member of Delta Sigma Pi, a professional business fraternity. I also continue to market a private business of my own, Belles Chansons (beautiful songs), where I am hired to sing for all occasions. While I miss the Carolina blue and southern hospitality, I am so excited to be back in the Detroit area and working with MOT for the summer.

No comments: